Using File Explorer on OOD
The filesystem on Oscar can be accessed through the file explorer on this web portal. The file explorer allows you
- List files
- Create a directory
- Rename files
- Copy/Move files
To access the file explorer, click "Files" -> "Home Directory" at the top of the screen.
Check the documentation below for some of these services below:
To access a directory, click "Change directory" and enter the path name
Do not use "~" in your directory path name. The path should start with "/users" or "/gpfs/"
- To access your home directory, click the "Home Directory" link on the left. The path name at the top of the page should change to "/users/<username>"
- To access your scratch directory, click the "scratch" directory in your home directory OR click "Change directory" and enter "/users/<username>/scratch"
- To access your data directory, click the "data" directory in your home directory OR click "Change directory" and enter "/users/<username>/data"
- 2.Click the icon with the three dots -> Edit
- 3.The file will open in a text editor in a new tab
- 2.Click the icon with the three dots -> Download
To download multiples files:
- 1.Click the check-box to the left of the file name.
- 2.Scroll to the top of the page and click "Download"
Directories are downloaded as zipped files on your computer.
- 2.Click the "Upload" button.
- 3.Follow the instructions on the screen. You can click the "Browse" buttons or drag and drop files.
- 2.Click "Open in Terminal" at the top of the page.
- 3.A web-based terminal will open in a new tab of your browser. You will be logged into one of the login nodes.