Comment on page
Changing the STATA temporary folder
STATA saves all temporary files in the C:/ in Windows workstations. Since storage quota are limited on the C:/, you should follow these steps to change the temporary directory
Find a folder where you are allowed to create and modify files. This is going to be the new SAS temporary folder. In this tutorial, let's assume that the directory is "E:\StataTemp\ccvdemo2"
- 1.Launch Notepad. (You can click the search icon in the bottom left of the screen on the Taskbar. Type Notepad and click the first icon)
- 2.Enter the following text. It contains 4 lines, including a blank line at the bottom:
The file contains 3 commands and 1 empty line at the end. Press Enter at the end of line 3 to add a 4th blank line.
- 1.On Notepad, click on File -> Save As ...
- 2.Click on "Desktop" on the left "Quick Access Panel"
- 3.Enter "myStata.bat" in the File name field.
- 4.In the "Save as Type" dropdown list, choose "All Files"
- 5.Click Save
- 6.Double Click "myStata" file on the Desktop to launch STATA